ID:156474

Hey guys, I am having a bit of trouble. I made a little chat program for my developing team, and I was wanting them to be able to upload files directly to my computer into a certain folder, and also be able to download: only from that folder.

I just need a good shove in the right direction for this, or a heads up if this has been mentioned before(I searched, but to no avail.).

Also, as an added bonus(Optional shove), I would like them to be able to see what files are available to download in a grid control or something of the likes, just as an extra convenience.

Thanks in advance for the as-always quick responses of the Dev. Forums.
You'll want to use a combination of Topic() and Export() for sending/receiving.

Grids for displaying files, although, you can't directly show a file in a grid.
Albro1 wrote:
(...)I was wanting them to be able to upload files directly to my computer

Depending on your GUI preferences, either input as file, take the file directly as verb argument, or simply have them upload the file through a browser interface.

Albro1 wrote:
(...)into a certain folder

fcopy the referenced file to the folder in question, which stores the file on your HDD.

Albro1 wrote:
(...)be able to download: only from that folder.

After getting a file reference, transmit and store the file via ftp.

Albro1 wrote:
(...)see what files are available to download in a grid control

Get a list of files in that specific directory through flist, then loop through the list and output a link (read up on the Topic event hook in the DM guide if you're unaware of that) to each file to the grid.