ID:156494

I'm trying to get it to outline the text in a output/grid, however it doesn't work.

I found this CSS code that outlines the text

text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black,
1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;

It doesn't seem to work to implement it on a grid/output.

So, I'm asking if I'm doing something wrong or does DM not support this? If it doesn't, is there any other way to output text?
Enic wrote:
I'm trying to get it to outline the text in a output/grid, however it doesn't work.

I found this CSS code that outlines the text

text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black,
1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;

It doesn't seem to work to implement it on a grid/output.

So, I'm asking if I'm doing something wrong or does DM not support this? If it doesn't, is there any other way to output text?

The grid and output controls aren't actual web browsers. They only support basic CSS attributes. If you want more than that, you need to use the browser control.

Even if you use a browser control, lots of fancy css stuff won't work. The browser is powered by internet explorer, and IE doesn't support nearly as much CSS as say, firefox or chrome. Even if you find something that works with IE8, you're likely to have players that only have IE7, and it will be broken for them.
In response to Skyspark
Well, that sucks... I really need a way to outline text.

sighs..
In response to Enic
Enic wrote:
Well, that sucks... I really need a way to outline text.

sighs..

If you're careful of how the browser control works, you can still use it. You need to assume that some of your players could be using IE7, IE8, or even IE6 or IE9. Then write the webpage so that it works in the versions of IE that you care to support. Internet Explorer not supporting many CSS attributes (or not supporting them correctly) is a problem that lots of web developers run into, so googling almost always results in a solution.

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tips/html/ creating_drop_shadows_using_style_sheets_text_effects_in_int ernet_explorer.php3
In response to Skyspark
Well, I really appreciate the help, but it seems like I can no longer have my idea because I need to outline grids/output controls, because my idea were to be having transparent color in a window, and the text would be really hard to read, so I were trying to find a way to outline it but I guess I'll have to use transparency.