ID:156571

In the interface editor, I can only specify a height of 1010px for the child window. I want the user to scroll a long bit of content so I would like to specify a height of about 2000px.

Seems like we should be able to specify any size regardless of our current resolution.

If nobody can offer a solution, I may submit a feature request. The request would be to not limit the dimensions to the current resolution.

Any suggestions?
ts
May i ask why you would require such a large area for your thing anyway?

what purpose is this being used for?
I can offer a work-around:

Open the interface file in a text editor, and search up the pane you want to adjust. Then just change the size to what you want and save. So long as you don't re-open that specific window in the interface editor, it should stay at that size. Of course, it's a bit difficult then to position controls in the lower portion of the pane.

The only features I can think of that would solve this issue are zooming out (likely impossible with the Microsoft Windows controls) or placing the window editor in a window itself, with scroll bars to see areas outside of the current resolution.
In response to Midgetbuster
How about a set of guidelines which happen to be longer than 1010px.

ts
In response to DarkCampainger
Well, fortunately, my design only requires text so I have a single label that is really long. I have been essentially hacking my content out so it fits within 1010px height. This is actually a worth while exercise as it helps keep things to the point.

However, it would be good if you could scroll down in the editor to add controls and other things.

Great work around idea though.

ts