ID:1568939

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 34.0.1847.131
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The "Applies to" field is shown in all "Bug Reports" and "Feature Requests" forums, regardless of the hub entry that they're placed on.

I can choose from options such as "BYOND Pager" even though there is no bug that could occur regarding the BYOND Pager that I would be able to address.

Is there a reason this field exists?

If not then I would prefer that the default values of the "Applies to" field to be modified on the hub entry so that the hub author can decide what to show in that field.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Go to any hub entry which has a Bug Reports and/or Feature Requests forum.

2. Go to the add post page.

3. "Applies to" field is visible, shows items that aren't applicable to games.

Expected Results:
Either no "Applies to" field, or a field with values specified in the hub entry configuration.

Actual Results:
"Applies to" field with meaningless items such as "BYOND Pager" and "DM Language".

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time.
In other games?
Yes, provided they have a hub entry and have the appropriate forums enabled.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
It always occurs. There currently is no way for the hub author to disable or modify the "Applies to" field.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
N/A

Workarounds:
Ignore the field for the time being (it may be left empty) or use an alternative issue tracker.
This is kind of a bug report, kind of a feature request. My suggestion, is you take the feature request part, and make a new topic for that.

The bug essentially is that the applies to field shows for hub trackers, in a way. The feature is that you figure an applies to field would be useful on hub trackers, if the hub owner can populate the values.
The hub owner can't populate the values without a new tracker being created, something we currently don't support. All bug and feature tracker forums are using the same two underlying tracker objects.

I'm moving this to Feature Requests. The current behavior doesn't harm anyone and could sometimes be useful; at worst it's irrelevant.