ID:156976

No, this question isn't as stupid as you might think - I'm not asking if it's possible, I'm asking how this works, since I can't find anything on it (but I'm looking at a map right now which uses such a thing, in dream maker).
The previous turf is deleted and it's image state added to the new turf as underlay.
to layer multiple turfs on one tile, hold ctrl and click the tile you would like to place it on. it doesnt delete the turf under, but it put its on top
In response to K9fang
K9fang wrote:
to layer multiple turfs on one tile, hold ctrl and click the tile you would like to place it on. it doesnt delete the turf under, but it put its on top

Just a note to add on top of that, doing this is merely a graphical effect (it is as if you were putting an overlay on the base turf), so if the overlay'd turf had something special going on with it (ex: Entered() defined), it would not be called. The base/bottom /turf would have its procedures called.
In response to GhostAnime
The most recently placed turf is the only turf that exists. All other turfs are deleted. They remain in map data purely for bookkeeping purposes.
In response to Garthor
You prolly pulled this idea up from GOA which is the only game ive actually seen use this to good use
In response to Midgetbuster
Midgetbuster wrote:
You prolly pulled this idea up from GOA which is the only game ive actually seen use this to good use

I really doubt Garthor plays that game and that idea has been around for a long time. You can only place turfs on turfs while in dream maker and not at runtime. If you try to do so it will delete all other turfs in the location you are placing the new turf.
In response to Zaltron
Its not Garthor who asked the question thought i was referring to the person who created this topic where he decided he wished to do this.