ID:157021

i seem too be having an issue with Overlays

i have coded Things like Gun overlays when you use a gun you see yourself Hold the gun

and it DOES work for like less then a second u see the gun go on yourself but then it disappears it seems too be the same for a few other things in game like a Shield Device i coded the overlay appears for mere seconds then disappears when it should stay the and i am sure its not the overlay level cuz its set at 100 and Mobs are over layer 2 or something

if anyone knows why this is happening or willing too get in contact with me too view my Source Via Teamviewer it would be much Appreciated

you can Page me or
add my msn

[email protected]

Thank you all for your Post's and or E-mails/Discussions with me in Advanced

if anyone knows why this is happening or willing too get in contact with me too view my Source Via Teamviewer it would be much Appreciated

Why can't you just post the code that is causing the issue as well as any other procs associated with it? Its kinda hard to help otherwise.
In response to ArcaneDragonX
because i don't Know what's Causing the Problem

it Effect's Multiple Overlay icons in my game and i am unawear of the source of the problem
Sounds like you have some sort of infinite loop running that constantly clears the mob's overlays every second or so.
Otherwise, you may be doing it horribly wrong...
mob/verb/test_overlay()
src.overlays += 'icon.dmi'

If something as simple as that still ends up with the overlay disappearing, then it's probably the former.