ID:157118

I'm trying to make it so when you kill someone you gain exp depending on your opponents level. So can someone help me code it?

Death(var/mob/killer)
killer.exp += (src.level * 20) // 20exp for each level the guy you kill is. lvl 1 = 20, lvl 2 = 40. lvl 3 = 60.

and then just run w.e proc you have to check if the exp >= required exp for level up.

Also might want to make something that stores and then adds the remaining exp. so if the exp is > required exp. It levels you up, and then adds the amount that was above the required exp back.

This could be done like so:
Level()
var/leftover
if(src.exp >= src.maxexp)
leftover = (src.exp - src.maxexp)
if(leftover <= 0)// avoid any negative stuff.
leftover = 0
src.level ++
src.exp = 0
src << "You gained a level"
src.exp += leftover

Additional information: You've posted in the wrong section, this should go under classified ads.
In response to Jarquille
That's backwards. The Death() proc should belong to the mob doing the dying, and the argument should be the mob killing it. So, you'd have:

mob/verb/attack(var/mob/M in oview(src,1))
M.die(src)

mob/proc/die(var/mob/killer)
killer.exp += 1
del(src)
In response to Garthor
my mistake. edited my original post.
In response to Jarquille
How do you make it so when you kill a npc you gain exp depending on its level?

In response to Alkhalif10
This isn't a "request programmers to put in the effort for you" area, it is a place where people ask for help on how to go about doing something, possibly with some code they have worked out themselves. You cannot perfect programming in a week, a month, or a year. However, reading the guide will sureley speed you along.