ID:157384

Okay, to give every resolution a filled-map (no darkness in the map object) effect, and to negate icons resizing, I've put my client.view to 50x50, and put the default map icon size on 32*32. This works fine and dandy.

However, this really backfires now that I'm trying to add HUD. Seeing as it should always be on the same location on the screen, but taking into account that the map object size may shrink/enlarge, it's quite a pain to get it right. I've been tinkering around with getting the map size, and the amount of tiles the user can see, and I've found:

1014*731 - 32*23 675*692 - 22*22 540*540 - 18*18

As you can see, the tile2resolution is a multiplication of 30. However, it didn't help me to a solution at all.

Am I approaching this the wrong way, or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

tl;rd: view size 50x50, trying to add hud to the screen according to the the size of the map the user can see, which changes according to the user's resolution/DreamSeeker window size, because map icon-size is a fixed 32*32.

Update: I'm thinking about placing a second map ontop of the regular map. However, I believe you can't make it transparent?
you can change icon size using some variable idk the name, and client view is like 5 tiles of 32 x 5, 25 x icon_size
In response to Shoux Gaull
That didn't help at all.