ID:157417

Hey, I've been using Windows SkyDrive recently to host the download files to my game, although recently I've found out that nobody but me can actually download these files, even after the hub number is updated.

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with Windows Skydrive, or if they know of a good free host site that can be trusted? Thanks.
The link to the SkyDrive file download page (which looks like http://cid-xxx.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/file.zip) will not work. Instead, to get a url that will work, go to this download page. There should be a big picture of a folder with a zipper on it (at least for zip files). Right click this picture and copy the url it is linking to - it should be a link to the site blu.livefilestore.com/ and end in ?download. If you paste this link into the hub, it should work (although I usually remove the ?download part).

Edit: Also make sure the file is in the Public folder so that others can access it.
In response to Nickr5
In response to Speedro
Yes, it works (just tried).
In response to Schnitzelnagler
That's odd- is SkyDrive reliable? It doesn't work for my other computer now.

Could someone retest it?

If it's not working, can anyone let me know of a reliable free web host?
In response to Speedro
Speedro wrote:
That's odd- is SkyDrive reliable?

No idea, never cared to use it ;)

Speedro wrote:
Could someone retest it?

Done. Failed to download data (HTTP server returned unexpected status: 404 Not Found).

Speedro wrote:
If it's not working, can anyone let me know of a reliable free web host?

Dropbox (first recommended by Kuraudo[link]) can be used for this. [On a side-note, use somebody (likely Kuraudo's, or mine) referral link when signing up, which grants you an additional 250 MB storage].
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Thanks, Schnitzelnagler, I've re hosted it using dropbox, which seems very convenient and easy to use. :)

Could anyone possibly retest to see if it works now?

Thanks!
In response to Speedro
Tested - Works.

You're welcome and really should thank Kuraudo, since he was the one that introduced Dropbox on BYOND ;)