ID:157684

So my first question is. I have a mob that is in a 60*60 file. Say the mob only takes up 32*51 anchored at the bottom left . Can something in the masked area be hit by a projectile? or can only the 32*32 section be affected. (if so itd be kinda interesting to override it for some huge boss)

Second, Is pixel offset the rigght idea for this: I have a 60*60 mob and the mob is positioned in the middle. The only situation is the mob ends up taking two spaces up which looks odd and tacky. Is there a solution where in the code I could move it over?

Photobucket

Please help, and thank you. I DONT want for somebody to just give me code, I would rather have a short example, id like to try to do it on my own. Thanks again ^_^
Yeah, you'd want to use pixels offsets to move him over.

As far as projectiles hitting larger bosses, you could probably fix up a proc for the projectile to sense if it's hitting that large boss. I did something like that in a Megaman game of mine once. I set it to sense if it was one tile above the boss, and it if was it would hit him and delete itself. I'm sure I could think of better methods, but this one is pretty simple and easy.
In response to Fugsnarf
So, i should move him over with pixel offsets, and that would solve all of my problems? what about when he walks, if i have a side or down icon that is 1 pixel larger /=.
In response to Darkjohn66
I guess I misunderstood you. He'll always take up two spaces. If you have him in the middle of the icon editor for a reason though, you can move him over via pixel offsets while in-game so he's situated at the bottom-left.
For all BYOND's built-in collision detection cares, the icon could be null. Pixels are not checked. The engine is tile-based. The section that will be affected is whatever your tile size is. (By default, that's the 32x32 section you mentioned.)
You said the mob is 32 * 51
You could just make it a 32 * 64 file and not deal with all of that.