ID:157788

I hope someone actually understands what I mean by this... except, maybe the view (camera) space part.

Basically, what I'm curious about is how to get the data from the world map, say position of an object then transforming it to the client's screen as a HUD element.

I know how I would do it in C++ with DirectX (a theory anyways), but DM... is not that versatile (as far as my experience with it goes).

Say, a position of (45, 33, 1) on the world map.

Now, I want it on the client's screen as a HUD element, which using that position and directly applying it as the HUD element's position will not work as it's a 18x15 view. (Fact)

So, (45, 33, 1) in World Space ---> (4, 3) in View Space, is kinda what I'm trying to do (or planning).

I might have to clarifiy some more, and if so ask.
I have no idea what you're trying to explain. If you could elaborate like you said, please do.
In response to Fugsnarf

Getting the position of an object in the view space, or knowing where the location of that object is on the client's screen.

Example:
(44, 33, 1) on the map, when the player player approaches it, say it first appears at the top right (18, 15)

Player moves up, the object's location from the client's screen is now (18, 14)

Hm, there's a simpler wording, it just... hasn't come up, yet or rather didn't spend much time on thinking of it.

In response to Kaioken
Thanks, even the topic is a more simplified version of what I was thinking.