ID:157828

What is command for Options and messages? Or is there a command for direct macros? See, the problem is, I made an interface, and in the "File" menu, there is only exit, no options and messages, so people keep asking about macros.
Put .options as the command and it will do what you want
In response to Abrax
Is there a command that goes straight to macros?
In response to Xyphon101
Sorry, when looking in the controls and parameters guide, I see no method to go directly to macros.

You could however write your own custom macro window, though that would take a little bit of time.
In response to Xyphon101
Command? No, but there is a way (through mouse clicks).

1. In DreamSeeker, click on the BYOND logo in the top left hand corner of the window.
2. Select 'Client'
3. Select 'Macros...'
In response to Spunky_Girl
I know that... I was just seeing if there was one that automatically brought you to macros. Also, there's a problem with the .options thing.. It seems as though they can change the skin.. Or atleast, I can change it from my options and messages?
In response to Xyphon101
add this code to fix that

client
control_freak = 1

Borrowed from guide:

By setting this var to 1, several options that are normally present for the end user are turned off:

User-defined macros may not be used.
Only the world's skin or the default BYOND skin will be loaded, not a user-customized version.
The Options & Messages window in Dream Seeker is inaccessible. It will only come up while first connecting to a remotely hosted world, or if a world takes a long time to load. The .options command will not make it appear.
The menu items from Options & Messages are unavailable in Dream Seeker's system menu.
The default F2 macro for the .screenshot command is turned off. The command is then only accessible through the skin you create.
This value cannot be changed at runtime.

Important: If you use this option and define your own skin for the world, you must be sure to define any macros your world may need, like arrow keys for movement.
In response to Xyphon101
No duh... That's one of the neat little features of v4.0. You can edit games' skins. If a person messes up the skin of one of the games he plays, that's on him. It will only affect him; no one else. It's like using Texmod on Guild Wars.
In response to JohnGames
Don't unless you know what it does.
In response to Spunky_Girl
It would be a little bit more usefull if he makes his own easy to get to macro editor, and then locks the skin and normal macro editor from use. Control freak is a great way to lock byonds extra features, especially from a design standpoint.
In response to JohnGames
<font size=+1>control_freak (client)</font>

Default value:

By setting this var to 1, several options that are normally present for the end user are turned off:

- User-defined macros may not be used.
- Only the world's skin or the default BYOND skin will be loaded, not a user-customized version.
- The Options & Messages window in Dream Seeker is inaccessible. It will only come up while first connecting to a remotely hosted world, or if a world takes a long time to load. The .options command will not make it appear.
- The menu items from Options & Messages are unavailable in Dream Seeker's system menu.
- The default F2 macro for the .screenshot command is turned off. The command is then only accessible through the skin you create.

---------------------
If you do not wish to disable ANY of the above bullets, do not activate control_freak.
In response to JohnGames
The moment I see a game using control_freak I log off. If they don't have the decency to let people use their own skins I don't have the decency to play their game.
In response to Moonlight Memento
There are people that make a gm interface for their worlds, and they would rather not let people edit for obvious reasons
In response to Abrax
And there should be checks to make sure that the user is among the staff of said game in order for the admin verbs and whatnot to be used.
var/list/staff = list("Spunky_Girl","Abrax")

mob/admin/verb/admin_verb()
if(src.key in staff)
//...

It's as simple as that.