ID:157879

I am wondering, is it possible to make a blur effect on a clients screen? if so how might i go around doing that? And if I can't, is it possible to use an alternative method to do something similar?
Setting stretch-to-fit on the map seems to blur things badly.
In response to Moonlight Memento
On mine it doesn't blur when that happens, and I don't know about other peoples, but i assumed that it just enlarged icons making them look more pixeled(Not saying they aren't or anything... just easier to see the actual pixels)
In response to Koriami
Whenever I've used stretch-to-fit on a game, it blurred things badly.
It might be your monitor. I havent had that problem before... just having the icons look extra pixelated.
Repeating your unfortunate situation doesn't make it any more universal. Just because it happens to you, doesn't mean it happens for everyone. <font size=1>These kinds of assumptions seem to be rather common among the BYOND population.</font>

@ Koriami(sp):
The only way that I can think of to "blur", is to make an "overlaying" picture to place over the client's screen in something like Photoshop, or any other program that has a blur tool. Or you could make a slightly transparent white or black canvas and use that to overlay the client's screen.
In response to Spunky_Girl
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzmxfxmyzvn
See how it is in 32x32? Use stretch-to-fit, it blurs itself instantly. This happens with anything I do with stretch-to-fit, but this was a quick example to show you.
That's because when an icon is stretched byond the usual 32x32 scale on screen, it also gets anti aliased beyond all types of holy hell.
The only actual way to make a blur effect that I could think of at the moment would be to create an image using the client's view, then to take that image and blur it with an external DLL. Of course, that would be horribly slow and not worth the time, though; this all leads back to why I suggested post effects a month ago.