[Bleach] Shinzui

by Albro1
[Bleach] Shinzui
New hub, same game!
ID:1580339

With the disappearance of Cthulh (Zhug) and the relative stability of my situation at the moment, I have chosen to start hosting Shinzui once more. The password on the old hub for the game was changed, so even when I host the game, it will not show up there. As such, I decided to make a hub of my own so that the game is more accessible.

To preserve the game as much as possible, I've also decided to put the same hub information here:

This is the Veteran Server!

In-Game Rules Details on Forum
[Keeping these here to show the kind of etiquette we desire.]
B. No Anime/Manga names, original names only.
B2 No 'Ichigo' names.
0. Freedom of speech
0b Use good grammar
0c Do not filter avoid
1. Respect the admins
2. Respect other players
3. Do not spam
4. Racism/Sexism is not acceptable
5. Bug abuse CAN be tolerated if reported
6. Don't waste admin/mod time
6b Do not ask for edits/hax/requirements
7. Do not block entrances in-game
8. Do not act like a GM/Mod unless you are
Ayeeee
The first testing session for Shinzui Version 2 is scheduled for June 17th, two days from today. I may move it up to tomorrow if I get done what I need to get done tonight, but consider it to be the 17th unless told otherwise. I do not have a specific time-frame to host it yet, but it will not be for long. I will be collecting feedback and seeing how the game runs with multiple people on and try to squash any bugs found.

Thanks for your cooperation, and I look forward to seeing you on the test!
Can't wait!
When will you host the game again?
I've had a series of storms here on the East Coast, and power outages were common. It should be back up today.
Everytime I press the ^ Chat ^ button, my game crashes, unless I press the PM button, but then the Server tab doesn't have the bar to type stuff in, so I can't join the World Chat...
Seiryuu The Azure Dragon wrote:
Everytime I press the ^ Chat ^ button, my game crashes, unless I press the PM button, but then the Server tab doesn't have the bar to type stuff in, so I can't join the World Chat...

This is an elusive bug that doesn't happen to everyone, and from what I've seen, that issue can be temporarily fixed by relogging until it works.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
This is an elusive bug that doesn't happen to everyone, and from what I've seen, that issue can be temporarily fixed by relogging until it works.

Indeed. Happens rarely to me, but it does happen. Ever since I started playing Shinzui , even back in Nabu Getsu.

I got -no- idea how to reproduce it
In response to FishMan123
Yeah. The unfortunate part is how hard it is to find a bug that can't be reproduced effectively.
When is the game gonna come back if it does?
Would I be able to host it if Albro1 can't anymore? I'd be more than happy to
I don't foresee Shinzui itself to come back. It was riddled with bugs and as much as I would love to work on fixing them, I don't have the time for that.

I've recently had an itch to get back into programming again after my disappearance, so I have opened up my Shinzui V2 project files once again. I give no promises of it going anywhere, but I just wanted to make it known that, in my free time, I may try to work on V2 here and there.

I also wanted to make it known that I am on a college campus and because of that I am unable to portforward anything, which means I am unable to host.

If you can reliably host, feel free to contact me. No guarantees on you being selected, but having options is nice.
If you all would like some kind of visual update, here is a quick snapshot of the current state of V2.

I'm currently streaming some development of Shinzui V2. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/albro1
There appears to be an issue with logging in that has spontaneously arisen. I am currently preoccupied and cannot address the issue, so I will be taking Shinzui down. If all goes well it should be back up sometime tomorrow.
Oh, was wondering what happened lol
Its been so long. How are you doing Shinji?
Page: 1 2