ID:158046

How do I set it so all verbs have this setting? I have like 100 verbs in my game I don't really want to go through them putting that line in each of them.
I think you do it by going through each verb and adding this line to them, where you do the other set stuff.
mob/verb/YOWZA()
set instant = 1

Like that.
Short of rewriting everything so that you don't have 100 verbs, there are two sort of quick and easy ways to do it.

First, you do just manually modify every one of them. But as long as you type it in once, copy the text, and make good use of the find text featuer, it can go quickly. Tell it to search all included files, then you can change every verb with 3 or 4 keystrokes. If you have the verb name on the same line as the word "verb", like the following
verb/myVerb()

then it's 3 keystrokes: F3, End, Ctrl+V.
If it's on the next line, like so
verb
myVerb()

then it's 4 keystrokes each: F3, down arrow, End, Ctrl+V. I think that would take me about 2 verbs per second, so about a minute for all of them. Heck, if you have AutoIT installed on your computer you could write a 3 line script that would do it for you a lot faster than you can and it could get it done in less than 10 seconds. Of course, if you don't have it installed it would be faster to just change it than it would be to download something else to do it for you, though I still suggest you look into AutoIT as it's a good tool.

Second, you could write a program to modify the code for you. dm files are really just plain text files with a .dm extension, so you can read/write them just as any other plain text program, so you could write something to open the file and add the text in.

I know it's annoying to do, but just doing it manually is probably the fastest way. It would probably take you about the same amount of time that it took you to read this post I made, or that it took you to write your own post you made. Sometimes you just have to do some annoying, monotonous labor.