ID:158137

Er, ignore the title, I didn't want to make it longer. Basically, booting up the game I made using Dream Daemon takes -forever-. Can I get a list of reasons that would slow it down, so I can maybe make it more efficient?
A few:
slow computer
huge game
game is calculating a lot of things and doing a lot of preprocessing to ready stuff (creating graphics at startup? looping through stuff in the world and doing something to everything? whatever it might be doing on startup)

If you meant that you know it's the latter and you're asking what kind of things you are doing in the code could cause it, let us know some information about the game DD is starting.
In response to Loduwijk
I know it's the latter (Well, I think it may be map size, but i'm hoping there's code I can slim down.)

My game uses a few things on World Start (Setting time, ect.), it also has a huge map. Nothing else really does anything until players log in though, so i'm not sure what could be causing it. Is it probably the map?
In response to Asellia
Asellia wrote:
I know it's the latter (Well, I think it may be map size, but i'm hoping there's code I can slim down.)

My game uses a few things on World Start (Setting time, ect.), it also has a huge map. Nothing else really does anything until players log in though, so i'm not sure what could be causing it. Is it probably the map?

Why don't you just test that yourself? Create a smaller map and see how it runs.