ID:15829

Edit: I'm glad I saved this log after all. I've been meaning to restore this after I happened to run into him on a Byond game and found that he never changed.

Blade of Evil. Keyname forged July 10, 2006.

He entered the Silk Games forum and posted a thread in the same day. "DWO"

If you can give me the source code, I'd host it and work on it.

E-Mail it to [email protected]

Timestamp July 21, 5:10 AM.

First reply came from a forum member named JohnMichael.

You wont get it, its dead let it stay dead we'll always have the memories.

Blade replies an hour later with a somewhat valid point.

Why? If I bring it back, it'll be better then some dumb old memories, Games are better then the memento.

Because you wont get the source, you're not the first person to ask for it and im guessing you wont be the last, So thats why you should just forget about it =P

The code now If I host it, I am not a GM.

Oh? "The code now"? How demanding. He also doesn't like the fact that hosting the current version doesn't make him a GM? Hmm...

Zeifer (Cyberhound) takes a look in the thread and gives his own response.

You can already host it now if you want, now stop asking for the [moderated] source code.

This is where I came in. I asked for his keyname and sure enough, it was Blade of Evil. Then he repeated that the game doesn't grant him GM status when he hosts it. I begin to do a bit of snooping at this time...

http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=474846&forum=8&view=0#47484 6

July 21, same day as the DWO thread. Yet he posted this just a scant 3 hours earlier...it makes you wonder what he would exactly do with the DWO source if he somehow obtained it.

Meanwhile, back on the SilkGames forums someone else, Trajick_Magick, tells him to just find a savefile editor and play the game offline if he wants to cheat that badly.

How do I edit save files?

The response is that he needs to make a savefile editor since flat-out asking for one won't do him any good.

Give me the save-file editer, please.

Silk Wizard himself comes in. This is a very important line in the story, so remember it for later. To emphasize this, it's going to be bold AND red.

I don't give out the source code to my games... and editing savefiles is against the rules. Sorry.

I want to edit the save file of a game I am working on, it is similar to DWO, how do I edit save files?

Oh, you liar! You're such a bad liar. Protip: If you're working on your own game, you probably shouldn't need a savefile editor unless you're testing encryption or something like that, since you've got the source in your lap. Seeing how this guy was asking for help to make a map...anyway.

I want to ban this guy who plays a game that is similar to DWO for attempting to edit savefiles. Where do I find his server?

Hmm, answer my question first and I will answer yours.

Oh no you di-in't. Trajick says he'd like to send an editor just to watch the guy get caught and forum-banned for it. The subtlety was lost on Blade...

Trajick, just e-mail me the DM save-file-editer and advice, my email is [email protected]

Trajick goes into his regular creepy talk but with the moral that you can't expect something for nothing. In this case, Trajick is expecting his server info so that Silk Wizard could be shown evidence of cheating on "a game that is similar to DWO".

Tell me how to do it on Dragon Warrior: Heroes Destiny

I come back to the thread and link everyone to the post in the Developer forums and poke a bit of fun at him.

Okay Sarm, E-Mail me how to edit save files.

No.

Meet me on Dragon Warrior Hero's Destiny and tell me.

Dude, I just told you no. You're giving me a headache...

Anyway, after being denied NINE TIMES I'm about to call it quits when...

You have a new private message.

tell me how to edit save-files on dragon warrior hero's destiny, tell me everything. give me everything.

Ugh, fine. It took a bit of hunting but I found Hero's Destiny in the pager (it wouldn't show up at first) and I hop in. It's not like I had anything better to do.

http://members.byond.com/Sarm/files/log.htm

Oh yes. I sent IT to him. Anybody on Wiz_Chat that day might have seen me dart in and quickly ask where I could locate it. This was why. Besides, he DID ask for it!

Meanwhile, back on the SilkGames forums...

Robin: Hey I'll mail you a savefile editor and definitely not a picture of some guy's hairy balls.

Sarm already gave me it, sorry.

You have a new private message.

all i got in that TheCode.zip was a bunch of game codes.

meet back on dragon warrior hero's destiny okay?

Oh for the love of...FINE. I come back and this takes place.

http://members.byond.com/Sarm/files/log2.htm

Big red flag. Allow me to repeat it.

Blade of Evil worldsays: Also, why isnt my friends game there? MY friends game name was DWO, Thats right, Silk asked me to conutine

People begin to poke fun at him on the forum until Kheldar comes in with some good advice.

Besides, isn't most of the source code for DWO stolen? I think there's still some left but it's the earlier builds and not worth working into. SO THERE!

Besides, code your own game without making it a fan game. It's much better for you and the community.

Well, anyone, e-mail me the DWO source code.

I will accept anything else that is put in aswell.

E-mail it to [email protected]

Tarq: PROTIP: The reason DWO was never finished was because Silk lost the hard drive containing the source code.

Who cares? People have it.

And I need it

I really DO need the DWO source code.

Evil Inuyasha comes in to state the obvious that he just wants to rip it.

You dont get it do you? I want to finish the game, not plagurize it.
-----------
It'll be a expansion of DWO, for those die-hard fans.
-----------
I need DWO's source to resume the DWO project.

-----------
If you have the DWO source code, E-mail it to [email protected]
-----------
People have ot, gimme it.

Silk Wizard: Blade of Evil...

Fact: No one has ever been given the DWO source code except for Cable Monkey, and so you're not going to be able to find it.

Fact: I'd sooner roll around in broken glass than give you the source code.

Fact: The next time you irritate me, you're banned. Actually, if Balzack or someone feels like taking the time to ban your right now, that would be cool too.

Topic locked.

Happy End!
Holy. Mother. Fucking. Shit

That had to be the lamest excuse of anything I have ever seen. He makes me want to kill a kitten. I mean..Wow. I'm going to read that every time I feel like a loser.
That's kind of sad.

But it would be kind of funny to see Silkwizard roll around in broken glass. ;)
That made my day, thanks Sarm and Silk.
Blade of Evil regularly plays my game. He repeats himself a million times. "Can I have GM?", "Can I have the source code", etc etc. He copies and pastes it over and over, even after people tell him no. He is very annoying.
WHAT A SAGA!

Heh I hate the kid already :(
More like blowtakkks.
He's strangely well-spoken for a moron.
That was funny as hell... It's so funny that he thinks he was taking advantage of you and thinking that you were going along with it. He made himself look like an idiot everytime he said something.
Unless "TheCode" gave a computer crippling virus, you should have just linked him to Last Measure. Nice job dealing with him either way :P
"The Code" is a 28 MB collection of various junk all squished into one zip file. From what I know, it's a running joke on the Developer forums whenever someone asks for code to be given to him in his original post rather than looking for help. :)

Edit: Which means he honestly thought that a savefile editor for Byond was 28 MB in size or he would have questioned it.
how now brown cow
Funni
You rule, Sarm.
Haha, entertaining.
Roffles.
damn, that guy is worse than developous and govegtos combined.
I WANT TEH CODEZ!! LOLOL
xD

I'm actually pretty interested in what's in that 28 meg zip. o_o

I wonder why the idiot kept asking after being denied so many times.
Page: 1 2