ID:158977

First, the map thing

I wanted to make 2 maps, but I don't know how to refresh it, once a new "map window" pops up, the old one is frozen for eternity.

I want to make multiply maps, so anyone know how to refresh it?even if Im just going to make a map window pop up JUST to get a pic for example, and let the old one working..

How do I use Pixel_x/y?I tryed adding an overlays, but when it comes to add the x and y thing, I don't know how to indicate which icon I want to be moved, if I make usr.pixel_x, it moves my entire icon, if I create an obj and add it to myself as an overlay, and then make like A(A being the obj var).pixel_x += 1, it doesnt work neither.

Anyone have any idea?
Abrax wrote:
How do I use Pixel_x/y?I tryed adding an overlays, but when it comes to add the x and y thing, I don't know how to indicate which icon I want to be moved, if I make usr.pixel_x, it moves my entire icon, if I create an obj and add it to myself as an overlay, and then make like A(A being the obj var).pixel_x += 1, it doesnt work neither.

You have to change A.pixel_x before you add it as an overlay.

When you add A as an overlay, A itself is not being added to the overlays list. What happens is that an /image object is created in the likeness of A, and that is added to overlays.

Since A itself is not in the overlays, but rather an image created to look like it, any changes made to A will not apply to the image in the overlays list. However, the image will be representative of any and all aspects of A when it is created from it. So again, just change whatever you want before you add it.
BYOND only supports one map element on the interface, sorry.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Also to add...

What it sounds like he wants, is to merely display a picture when he wants to. I know windows have the is-visible parameter, but I've never tried that on individual controls. I'm pretty sure you can use it on controls as well. So he might be able to just make a label control and set its image to whatever and then make it visible whenever he wants it to be visible.
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
Abrax wrote:

You have to change A.pixel_x before you add it as an overlay.

When you add A as an overlay, A itself is not being added to the overlays list. What happens is that an /image object is created in the likeness of A, and that is added to overlays.

Since A itself is not in the overlays, but rather an image created to look like it, any changes made to A will not apply to the image in the overlays list. However, the image will be representative of any and all aspects of A when it is created from it. So again, just change whatever you want before you add it.

So... how do I make it?I understood why is not working, but how to make it right?

And thanks to everybody that helped me with the map thing, it worked :)
In response to Abrax
mob/verb/overlay_test_1()
var/o = new /obj/myOverlayThingy
overlays.Add(o)
// o itself is not in the overlays, a new object that
// visually represents o is in the overlays
// since that object is already in overlays, changing o.pixel_x
// on the next line does nothing
o.pixel_x = 10

mob/verb/overlay_test_2()
var/o = new /obj/myOverlayThingy
o.pixel_x = 10