Kalero

by Edit Nero
Kalero
Where does your journey begin?
In response to Colesprite
That's correct. It does tell you on the RPG Maker official website that the art is public access to be used to make free or commercial games.

Now-- @ Theactivenet:

There is also a plethora of art you can purchase directly from the website made by other people as can be seen here :

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/graphics

After you purchase them you can then use them in any game you want, RPG Maker game or not. The same applies to their default tilesets that come with the RPG Maker package (as I've purchased that before as well.)

In short... I'm not sure why this was really bought up in the beginning? Yes. The GFX are overused, but if you look around BYOND - most of the games are "borrowing" or using art from previous games - most people aren't interested in producing hours upon hours of quality artwork, for various reasons. I guess the most important question left is--why do you feel they should have to?

You've said many things that lead me to think you have a grandiose idea of "how things should be" but rather than preaching down to others, why not just make it happen for yourself? One thing I found out when I started actually making games, was that it's way easier to talk and tell someone else what they should be doing--what's usually missing is the experience to realize when what one is saying doesn't match up to reality. What's even worse is that you choose to hide behind a shield of anonymity to say mean spirited or "undisputed" truths. Automatically makes me skeptical of your expertise when you have to remain anonymous to point these things out.

And actually- you just sound really unhappy and bitter- and I don't think it has anything to do with videogames. *just an observation* Thus no matter how many "big" or "intelligent" sounding words you use, all people will see and respond to is the obvious misplaced anger or hatred towards....what exactly?
He just mad
End of thread
:p
As previously stated, attempt a project before you criticize another developer utilizing available resources. You're making no sense and sound like a complete dunce.

Theactivenet wrote:
...I don't see myself having any fun on your game if I did play, and that's to assume that I would.

Typically, games aren't designed for a sole person. Not unless the developer is only making it for him or herself. What you fail to see is that this is a multiplayer project that involves, not one, but many other people who all have different tastes in games.

Do everyone a favor and quit being arrogant. If you're going to post anything, at the very least, you could make it constructive feedback instead of destructive criticism.

Feel free to reply with nonsense, like you usually do. Just know that I really don't have time to argue with a trolling idiot, let alone a pompous ass like you.
Due to behind the scenes information, I have pager banned Theactivenet. It disappoints me that it had to come to that, nonetheless thank you all for the feedback! I'll work as fast as I can to get new original art!
Anyways he wasn't trying to impress you in any sort of fashion, honestly if you don't like the game then why did you go on the forum anyways.

Lol,alright,thread whent on and on cause him.
What accomplishments outside of BYOND? I know a few people who know you, they know the level of programming you are capable of.
I was told you NEVER have anything to show for anything you claim you have done. And when it is something you present, it's vastly sub-par, in terms of art and programming.

I'm not sure where all of your arrogance comes from really. You may take this as people "picking on you" but we could say the same to you really. Furthermore everyone has different tastes- you could say that you are better than someone else for having completely different interests-but that's fairly ignorant and naive at best.

We don't have a need to prove anything to you, rather, we are pointing out why your thought process is flawed. When you live in a world of "it should be like this", you fail to see all of the pieces of the puzzle that form "what is".

Take it for what it's worth.
I'll just drop this off right here....

http://puu.sh/9fWlM/770e12c272.png
In response to Avidanimefan
Yea, he's just a troll..
Page: 1 2