ID:159048

I know you can locate them to a certain mob/turf:

// ...
usr.loc=locate(/mob/turf/title)

But that locates them to the MIDDLE of the turf, I want it so they see the entire title screen, how would I do this?

Thanks!
Hi1 wrote:
usr.loc=locate(/mob/turf/title)

That line puts the player inside a mob. Most of the time not very productive. ;P

the MIDDLE of the turf

There's basically no such thing. Turfs are always single tiles (which are normally 32x32 squares).

I want it so they see the entire title screen, how would I do this?

Then put them on a turf from which they can see the entire title screen (or better, put them at null location and move their eye instead).
From beyond is, of course, speculation:
It seems you have a misconception and think turfs can span multiples tiles because you've put one as such via the Map Editor. This is not the case. The Map Editor has a feature where if, in compile-time, you use a large (dimension-wise) file directly as an icon for an atom, when you lay it down on the map it automatically splits it to 32x32 tiles and lays them automatically on the map for you. However, every part of the image produced on the map is effectively an individual, unique/separate object. So while you thought your image was on the map as 1 turf, it's made out of (for example) 10 different turfs. So this means you have 10 different turfs of the same type path; so when you use locate() with it, it returns an arbitrary one out of those 10, and the player is put there.
What you want is to put the player (or, again, preferably, his eye) on a turf from which he can see what you want, and also make sure his view size is enough for seeing everything.
In response to Kaioken
I'll read up on view, thanks! =]