ID:159146

Is it possible to show your icon on an interface? I currently have:

winset(usr,"window1.label3","image='WPreview.dmi'")

to show what I will have but I want to have my character display on the screen and I want to be able to move the character's direction on the interface and have the overlays actually show on top of the character.

I currently have boxes that show what body by character has and another box that shows what hair my character has. I'm trying to make the character creation on an interface so that you won't be able to see other players that are on the map, which also brings me to another question.

How do you make an overlay that only you can see? An example is, say you selected somebody. An arrow overlay would appear over there heads but it will only show up for you as a reminder to who your locked on to.

How do you make an overlay that only you can see? An example is, say you selected somebody. An arrow overlay would appear over there heads but it will only show up for you as a reminder to who your locked on to.

Look up image objects. You output them to a client.
Forerunnerz wrote:
to show what I will have but I want to have my character display on the screen and I want to be able to move the character's direction on the interface and have the overlays actually show on top of the character.

As you know, what you have just displays a specific icon [file]. To do what you want you have to display the atom [object] itself, in other words your mob itself. This way the picture seen it a representation of the actual mob, so it updates it as it changes as well (handled internally). Unfortunately, this is something that label controls don't seem to support - to quote the Skin Reference, they can only have "Text, a picture, or both.", but not objects. So you'll have to use a grid control (can always use a single-cell one) instead, which does support displaying atoms - which is done by simply output()ting them to the grid (or to a specific cell in it).

How do you make an overlay that only you can see? [...]An arrow overlay would appear over there heads but it will only show up for you [...]

This is the perfect candidate for image objects, which Kaiochao already mentioned. You'll want to look up 'images' and 'images var (client)', and perhaps forum-search for more info if you need it.
In response to Kaiochao
Thanks Kaioken and Kaiochao, I set up the grid so that is displays the usr on it but when I add overlays, it sets it below by character. I don't think it's completely ignoring the "pixel_y=32" because it shows up on my character's body. Not right below him. I think it's something that has to do with the grid. Here's how my grid is set up:

Columns: 1
Rows: 0
Current cell: 1,1
Show lines: None
Small icons: No
Support http links to images: Yes
Is a flexible list of entries: Yes
Show names of atoms in grid: Yes

In response to Forerunnerz
If you have 0 rows, how can you possibly display cell 1,1? That's like trying to display a non-existent cell.
In response to Spunky_Girl
I've done that, I've experimented with the grid a lot until I set up the current one. I changed it to 1 row and it still doesn't show the hair on top of my character.
In response to Forerunnerz
IIRC, pixel-offset overlays are simply limited and not displayable well in grids (or statpanels, which are grid-like themselves), as you can imagine it works in the way that a single item may only be in one cell - a single image can't wrap over to other cells. So unfortunately you can't do this with pixel-offset overlays. Or more accurately you can, but not as easily or efficiently as you normally could.

Workaround approaches to this would involve, essentially, manually constructing a big image of the mob with all its overlays (and underlays) correctly arranged around the mob's actual icon, and then display that in an interface control (basically a label, a grid wouldn't work for this one). Constructing this image is actually quite straightforward, but is a little costly performance-wise as it's an icon operation. But as with every static image, it will be just that - static - and you'll have to update it every time the mob's appearance changes in order to keep the display up-to-date, which, while possible, is not so practical. So, unfortunately, you're probably pretty screwed here.
In response to Kaioken
Ah, S***. Oh well. I tried.