ID:159165

hey! it seems like i've got a problem i can't solve in the skin editor, as the title says, the problem is about the output and i've tryed for hours and still i cant solve it, the problem is in the output, theres no text, its set as visible and deafult and the id is "output". i've read Lummox JR's guide, still i didnt find any solution, either in the forums, so please help me =). the output works fine in the default skin.
Thanks.
You're totally gonna have to be more specific. To output something in a control named "output", have a line go;

mob<<output("Lol output something","output")
In response to Mysame
yeah well, if i do that way, that means i have to change the source on all text there is in the source... im sure there should be a solution and how more specific could i be...? im trying to put a output in the skin editor and the output wont show any text from this for example
usr<< "this way"
In response to Enic
Direct text output (i.e., someone << "text") goes to the output control marked as default (a parameter, which you may set through the Properties). If there is none, then it won't go anywhere.
In response to Kaioken
yes, exactly, i've marked mine as default and it still wont show any text.
In response to Enic
Well, that should make it work, unless you've done something wrong (one thing may be that you have more than one output marked as default).
In response to Kaioken
nop, nothing else is marked as default
In response to Enic
Then, unless there's a rarer problem, the recipient you've used (on the left-hand side of <<) is probably wrong. If it's indeed usr, then you're probably using usr in places where it isn't valid or correct; this is referred to as usr-abuse. To do anything more than guess however, we must see the code in question. Make sure you include the actual path of the proc the code is in. EDIT: Note that if it's indeed in a proc and not in a verb, it's probably usr-abuse, though there are a few exceptions like the mouse procs.
In response to Kaioken
Well, im not really sure if theres something wrong in the code since it works fine in the default skin...
In response to Enic
Then it must indeed be a problem with your skin... Try going through all the windows and checking the outputs there. If all else fails, delete all the output(s), then create a new one and mark it as default, then try. I'm not an expert with the interface, so I might be missing something important, but I don't think there could be a complex problem here.
In response to Kaioken
omg, thank you so much, i think what problem was, i changed the id of the default to output from output1 instead, since that was the only thing changed i guess :S but yeah, thanks :D now finnaly im finished with my skin ^^