ID:159209

I am making a single-player game and I wanted to know how to, say when I create a new window in the interface.dmf I click Tab then create a Tab then I don't know how to add say statpanels to it, or whatever there called.

I would very very much appreciate help, this is frustrating me, I thought I knew how to do it at first..

Thanks, Gizhy
The tab control is made for holding panes. For any items you want to add to the tab control, create a new window and check the "Is a pane" box in its properties.

Once your panes are made, you can have them appear in the tab control by editing its tabs parameter. E.g. if you have one pane named "playerscores" and another named "tournament", you could show them both in the tab control by opening its properties, and putting "playerscores,tournament" in the box that asks which tabs it will display.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Ok, I tried that now...the panes don't show and I tried it exactly how you told me, and the window is not popping up with the tabs in it, do I need to put it in a child?
In response to Gizhy
Tabs work the same way Childs do. The tabs are like shortcuts to switch the panes, like buttons. It's an easy access multi-pane Child.
In response to Kaiochao
Yeah, I don't really get Interfacing, I just actually started trying to make my own interfaces about 2 days ago.
In response to Kaiochao
Do I have to code anything to get writing into the panes and create the tabs?
If so can you show me an example?

Thanks, Gizhy
In response to Gizhy
I'm sure Lummox' own tutorial can help you with all of your interface questions.

Certainly helped me. (Damn 4.0, damn you.)
In response to Gizhy
Create a Tab element in the default window at whatever size.

Now create 2 new windows, naming them different things. In this example I'll name them "map" and "info".

Go into the map window and create a map element. Make sure it's the same size as the tab element in the default window, or smaller. Then go into the window's options and make it a Pane.

Next, go into the info window and create an info element. Make sure it's the same size as the tab element in the default window, or smaller. Then go into the window's options and make it a Pane.

Now go back into the default window and into the tab element's Options tab. In the Tabs box, put in the two names of the panes you made; in this case "map" and "info", separated by commas. It should look like this:
map,info

If you want, you can set the default tab to either one.

And voila! You're done! If you want the individual tabs on the element to display the names, edit the 2 Panes' Titles to whatever.
In response to Spunky_Girl
But, I wanted the tabs to pop-up in a different window, so I could use them for information not for the Game Map and Output, ect..
In response to Gizhy
Oh c'mon! Why do people take examples so uptight! It's an example. Change it how you want it to be changed. However, the tab element isn't meant for "pop-ups". >_> It's just an easier way of doing a child element. But if you wouldn't mind, you could use a series of label elements to put pictures and text in a window pane to be displayed when the proper tab on the tab element is pressed. Easy peasy.
In response to Spunky_Girl
I'm good on the labels lol, well thanks for the help, I will re-read through it and see what I can get.

Thanks, Gizhy.