ID:159258

I want to make a system like GOAs for whisper.

I have a basic idea how to do this, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. I know to make it so it opens up a pane and gives M for example a message.. I'm not sure how to open up that pane with a link.. Theres a few things I'm not positive on.. So, how can I do this?
Not all people have played GOA, you'll have to explain what the system is rather than reference another game.
In response to Vermolius
Basically, when you whisper, it says "usr has sent you a whisper click here to view it"

it opens up a pane, that has a private chat between you and the other person, and it does not close after sending a message, its sort of like msn.
In response to Xyphon101
The first question is, are you familiar with BYOND 4.0 skins?

If not, Lummox JR has made a skin tutorial that you should read. [view]

Then you should familiarize yourself with the winclone() proc. (Use F1 in dream maker to look it up)

The idea is, you'll create a pop-up window for the whisper chat and show it and clones of it as needed for however many whisper windows you need. This can be slightly complicated as you'll need to keep track of which window belongs to which conversation. I suggest writing your own datum to hold information for a whisper session.

I think it's pretty straightforward from there.
In response to Vermolius
hmm.. I think I'll just stick with a basic whisper for now.