ID:159493

I am not sure how to do this so if I could have some help it would be appreciated.

You dont need to give me a segment of coding, just help me code it.

When a person takes a step, I want to make an image of the person in the spot they are going to be, if this isnt clear please tell me and I will try to explain it better
I'm not really sure what you want, but it sounds like you'd want to override the Move() proc with a new() call.
In response to Spunky_Girl
Or if this is any clearer for you.
The person presses a movement key
There character moves to take a step.
As there character is stepping, an image of them is placed where they are stepping
when they get to the place they are stepping the image dissapears.

Not sure if I can get any clearer, kinda hard to describe what I want.
In response to Koriami
May I ask what the point of making a "pre-image" of the client's mob stepping, just to delete it is? It would have a lifespan of roughly 1, maybe 2, ticks.
In response to Spunky_Girl
it is part of a technique in a game i am editing. it is supposed to help you predict the persons movements, and also the movement speed is put down a bit so it should last a little longer than that, long enough to see it anyway.
mob/Move(loc,dir)
var/FX/our_image/O = new(loc,dir,icon,overlays) //make a new image at our new loc
. = ..() //move us if we can move
del(O) //delete it

FX
parent_type = /obj //make it act like an obj
our_image
New(lo,di,ico,ov)
dir = di
icon = ico
overlays = ov
..()

In this case, it will show up whether you move or not, and I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to do this without it appearing whether you move or not. You can play around with it, though.
In response to Koriami
Sounds like your messing around with a Naruto game Koriami :P (Sharingan, is it?) Anyways, I agree with the others that there really wouldnt be a point to doing this, because it would delete its self faster then most people will be able to see it.
In response to Matt3151
your right matt, and i suppose you guys are right, I tried it out and it seems basically as an overlay that is literally 1 pixel moved to the direction they are going. But it was worth a shot I suppose... just cant think of another way I could have a prediction-type thing...