ID:159700

When I look at world.realtime, it says "2862452736"

What does that even mean? I don't understand how to use that.

I want to design a system that will purge savefiles that haven't been used in more than a week from the save directory.

I would know how to do this just fine, if I knew how to use world.realtime to check how long ago a week really was.

How do I do this? Thanks
Wouldn't that the number of ticks out of 24 hours (600*60*24 ticks)?
A simple click on the reference would solve such a question faster than any forum ever could ;)

realtime:

This is the time (in 1/10 seconds) since 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 2000 (also known as the BYOND era).

Because this is a large number, BYOND's number system isn't capable of enough precision to deliver the exact number of 1/10 second ticks. It usually rounds off to the nearest several seconds. For more accurate readings use world.timeofday.

It would even link you to a proc that allows for a more "human readable" form of this value...time2text, which would have converted the time you supplied to:
Sat Oct 21 14:19:24 2006
In response to Schnitzelnagler
But if you were to read the number how it stands, what would it say?

I can't see any time in that whatsoever to be honest.
In response to Mizukouken Ketsu
... or you could use time2text() to read it for you...
It would say 286245273,6 seconds after 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 2000.
Similar to how you would say half past five, meaning 30 minutes after five o'clock of {insert day}, just that it's seconds and a well, a bit further into the past, than "this day".
In response to GhostAnime
Thanks. That's TOTALLY what I asked... >_>
But if you were to read the number how it stands, what >would it say?
I can't see any time in that whatsoever to be honest.

Thanks. That's TOTALLY what I asked... >_>

I think the premise here is that you cannot, without some assistance or savant-like mathematical ability, translate 2862452736 into a human-readable date.
The number as it stands, if you were to read it, would say two-hundred eighty-six million, two-hundred fourty-five thousand, two-hundred seventy-three point six seconds past midnight on January 1st, 2000. If you were to actually say that, you'd get some pretty funny looks.
In response to Ephemerality
There are calculators you know, unless that's what you meant by assistance.

Anyways, 2862452736 1/10's of a second = 79512,576 hours = 3313,024 days.
In response to Andre-g1
So it is in ticks! :D
That's whats stated in the reference...

You would have got that if you read the entry on world.realtime.