ID:159706

I have a bit of an issue with my game world, I am un-able to profile it in Dream Daemon or in Dream Seeker for some odd reason. (The option is just grayed out).

I wanted to see where the games resources are being used the most so I can optimize the game to use less CPU time, unfortunately I can't.

I'm running Windows XP, Centrino Processor. (T8100, Penryn), Latest Version of Byond (432.1007).

I've tried, Reinstalling Byond completely. (Removed registry entries and such), searching around the Forums for a solution or a clue to the issue but haven't discovered anything yet.

One notable thing I have noticed is that once I close Dream Daemon, it continues to reside in system memory, usually consuming 16mb of ram and 0 CPU time, I have to end the process manually for it to completely end.

I have no Spyware/Maleware/Greyware or Viruses that I know of. (Scanned with several scanners) and done several Cleans with CCleaner and Registry fixes before and after Installing Byond but it finds nothing also, I've also tried using an older version of Byond as well to no avail, if anyone could possibly give me some insight into the issue it would be awesome!
Unless you run the game directly from the source, you have to have #define DEBUG included in the code in order to profile it.
In response to Falacy
Ah, That was the solution to all my troubles! Many thanks!
I spent I don't know how long looking for a solution!

I was hosting it from Host files which I created from the source, However I added the "#define DEBUG" into it and now it's all good.
In response to Pemalite
Dream Daemon continues running until you use file -> exit.
In response to Immibis
I'm aware of that, but even if I do that it is still resident in system memory, not to matter it's only a minor issue, now that I can profile the world I am able to see some of the major issues in my code.