ID:159913

Is there a way to Import() musics from hubfiles?
Since some people aren't quite aware of the preferences -> don't check download musics. And I know that helplessness feeling when you really need your data limit.. but it forces you to download it.. But I still want people with lots of Data limits to enjoy to soundtrack and such.

Or is there a way to open a splash screen or a pop up Before it downloads the resources to warn them about it? I'm not sure what to do in this point.
Or is there a built in proc to un-check the tick box when they first play the game? and if they want they can re-check it manually?

I looked at the resources.. 61,402 Kb ain't that pleasant of a sight D:
DarkKabuto wrote:
I looked at the resources.. 61,402 Kb ain't that pleasant of a sight D:

And that's what you need to fix.
I use .wma audio files for music. It adds maybe 5MB tops to the overall .rsc file, but that's about it. And if the players have the music download turned off, they won't even see the 5MB ;p
In response to Mizukouken Ketsu
Use .ogg files, SO much better.
In response to DisturbedSixx
Never even heard of .ogg before. And I can't convert my music to that. Is it more compressed then a .wma?
Yeah, it's probably the smallest music file you can use. And I'd recommend using Audacity for it. It's a free music editing/recording software that can export .ogg files. I'm sure there are also other converters but that's what I use.
BYOND supports the mod formats which are pretty advanced and suitable for music, they can optimize the file by not storing repeating parts multiple times and instead storing data on them in the file, etc, and will probably produce a smaller size than mp3 (which you can't use) or ogg, maybe even better quality depending on the format.