ID:160167

Okay, so two people are hosting my game! Unfortunately I can't seem to join the games. It just says "failed". Does anyone know what this may have to do with? Whenever I host my game, anyone can join, but whenever someone else hosts, nobody can join.
They are probably using routers so you can't connect to them.
In response to Andre-g1
It seems to happen with everybody though. I guess I'll just have to tell them to not use routers.
In response to Beatmewithastick
LOL You can't just tell them willy nilly "don't use your router 'cause you can't host if you do!"... If your hosters are using a router, they need to run a port forward through their router's internal firewall so that it will allow in-bound connections to THAT specific port. And make sure they host using THAT specific port.
In response to Mizukouken Ketsu
I guess everybody is using a router then.
In response to Speedro
This may seem too obvious, but maybe you're not using the correct address to connect? It goes in the format byond://IP:port, or just IP:port in some places. If you're not including the port or using the wrong one, it won't work.
In response to Kaioken
Well, I'm just clicking on the link it gives whenever any game is live.
In response to Speedro
Speedro wrote:
I guess everybody is using a router then.

Indeed, most people are nowadays.

If you want to, you can contact me. I'll host your game for a minute or two and you can check if you can join.
(Yes, I use a router, however I'm aware of port forwarding and setting up firewalls, so there should be no problem ;))
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I wouldn't mind just seeing if it's possible. Perhaps later tonight, after school. :)