ID:160406

Yo...yes, I'm on a windows computer, Vista infact, and was wondering when hosting if I could access it wirelessly via SSH...possibly make daemon run inside of another program to be able to access it?

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?
You can do it by installing Cygwin, but that's a world of pain. Just use Remote Desktop or VNC.
In response to Stephen001
OpenSSH does actually have a Windows version, but it's not too handy. So yeah, remote desktop is the best bet.
In response to Nadrew
That's much too complicated for me being on school computers...I think I'll check out Cygwin or OpenSSH just so all I need is a little PuTTY and BAM.

Thank you very much! If you have any other idea's for my situation (me accessing my game at school...yes this is during my free periods)...then please feel free to assist :D

EDIT: Apparently there are no versions of Cywin for 64-bit...which happens to be what I have...so I guess I'll check out OpenSSH.
In response to Moleboy
Just a note, OpenSSH on XP/Vista is very under-powered. It can only do things that you could do using cmd.exe, I believe you can run DreamDaemon from it, but you won't have any control over it. You can't do things like rebooting, or killing the game using it.
In response to Nadrew
Darnit...that could be problamatic...hmmm...I guess I'll just have to keep looking! If someone finds something, thanks!

And thanks alot Nadrew! Must...get...this...working...
In response to Moleboy
Anyone else got any ideas :D
In response to Moleboy
No way you can do it right now, but you might consider seeing if there's a program you can download to your server that'll allow you to have a page to do all this, on your website. You could have something like http://yourwhateverpagename.com/ssh and do it from there.
In response to Moleboy
OpenSSH, then telnet? to close the game although doing this you will need to edit the source to allow for telnet to connect and using Topic to control what happens

eg connect then use a command say reboot this would call reboot()

My library works quite fine, if you want to try it.

http://www.byond.com/developer/ATHK/TelnetServerAdmin
In response to Moleboy
VNC was previously mentioned. A nice thing about TightVNC in particular, is it provides a web interface that employs a java applet, pretty good for a school computer environment I'd think.
In response to Popisfizzy
Thanks...I'll look into that :-)