ID:160650

Is it possible to make the background of a label transparent?

ex:
I have a picture, and want to show a label over it (btw using a lable so i can change the text, rather than editing pic), but the lable has a box around it with the default color

Just wondering if this is possible (and if so how to do this)
Not currently. The only control that supports transparency is Window. I think there are plans to change that in the future, though.

Alternatively, if the label will appear in the same spot, you can set its background to a small part of the image (or even the entire thing), to make it appear transparent.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Not currently. The only control that supports transparency is Window. I think there are plans to change that in the future, though.

Alternatively, if the label will appear in the same spot, you can set its background to a small part of the image (or even the entire thing), to make it appear transparent.

Since windows have transparency like you said. He/she could also create two windows and make the second(front) one transparent. Then place labels on the front one where he/she wants them. You would still have to tie the main(back) windows movement and resize with the front one.
In response to Green Lime
Window transparency is a bad idea in general, because of the way it has to work it totally disables DirectX rendering of the map -- which makes it so any of the new fancy icon features you use won't work. It's the same as enabling software rendering in BYOND.