Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!
ID:1606759

Keywords: alchemist, update

Unstretched version

Just a small update. A lot of people are going to be surprised, angry, frustrated, etc. But this is what I've been working on for a little while now, and it's looking really nice and I'm very happy with it so far.

It's a lot cleaner, and that makes me feel good about it. If you have any critique of my art style or the placement of things OR if you have a suggestion please leave it below. I want all of your input.

If you want to discuss things with me or stop in for a game of Alchemist, you should join here.

Thanks for reading and being faithful. :)
Looks great! I look forward to playing, I've been practicing my Puyo Pop.
Oh, I really like the bigger blocks and the subtle color changes! This is still made with BYOND I'm assuming?
I'm surprised, angry and frustrated right now.

I mean, I was already bad at the game in its previous versions. Making the blocks larger and the space we have to work with smaller will make it easier for someone to get flooded with junk blocks. And I'm usually the guy that gets bombarded with junk blocks.

Oasis y u do dis.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Oh, I really like the bigger blocks and the subtle color changes! This is still made with BYOND I'm assuming?

Thanks Kumorii, and yes this is still made with BYOND.
There will hopefully be a little bit extra when the game is finally ready for release so it's not just re-textured Alchemist.

In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Oasis y u do dis.

I changed the size to be similar to that of the game that inspired me to create Alchemist in the first place, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. That game featured a 6x12 playing field, but I wasn't happy with the size the window was with the blocks being that large so I enlarged them.

You shouldn't be too worried about being overwhelmed, the amount of garbage blocks that drop are scaled to fit the board correctly.
Thanks for the support! :)