ID:161067

Is it possible for someone to like show me a Beam code for a Beam Projectiles with like a Bumb() and move(). I REALLY wanna learn how to make them, but I cannot find a proper Beam Demo/Library to help me.

SSJ's is glitchy and very poorly made.
And Kio's or w.e his name is, his does not work with my game since something in my game stops his trail from moveing.

Can someone make me a beam code just for me to learn, or show me a library/demo to help me?

Thanks,
Agrey
Search the forums. This has been asked for so many times it shouldn't even be allowed to be asked for anymore.
In response to Popisfizzy
I searched many times, got nothing. All the people who asked got responces like yours. Your responces shouln't be allowed to be posted anymore.

When I did search, no one gave any Beam librarys, nor did anyone even write any beam codes, go look for your self.
In response to Agrey123
You looked very hard. That was in the top ten when I searched "beam trail".
How does that help me make a Beam? First of all , I asked for a Bump() so i can add damage, second of all thats barly even a beam, thats a turf moving when you drag it.
In response to Agrey123
Read it again.. no wait read the guide again.
In response to Agrey123
And it shows exactly how to do it. The code just needs to be modified a small amount, which you should be able to handle. As for bumping:
atom
proc/Bumped(atom/movable/bumper)
Bump(atom/a)
a.Bumped(src)
..()
Im guessing your NEVER going to give me a straight answer so I give up. Honostly, can you just answer my question? I asked for a code to help me MAKE a beam, not a riddle and a random code snippit from Garther.
In response to Agrey123
He has already told you how .
In response to A.T.H.K
Yea , but i dont understand it , the atom thing i dont know where that goes, i tried using atom in mine and kept getting errors, he cant just post random codes and say its a beam
In response to Agrey123
What type of errors did you got? Indentation errors? If so, don't directly copy and paste.

Don't understand something in particular? Ask and it'll be explained (of course it should be something specific).

The "atom thing" that Fizz posted does the follow:
I am not sure if you know but Bump() is called one he objected that bumps INTO something.

Fizz's snippet creates (per say) a bumped procedure, which is called on the object that was bumped.
In response to Agrey123
Agrey123 wrote:
he cant just post random codes and say its a beam

Yet, you can ask for random beam "codes?" Honestly, if none of the already mentioned snippets work with your game there's probably something wrong with your game. Maybe you've limited /obj movement when you only meant to limit /mobs. Regardless, the information is there for you to either fix the problem that exists in your game, or create a beam system of your own that meshes well with your game by seeing how others do it.
In response to Agrey123
Agrey123 wrote:
Yea , but i dont understand it , the atom thing i dont know where that goes, i tried using atom in mine and kept getting errors,

Seriously now, if you don't even know how to put a block of code IN PLACE which is a simple act especially if you understand the code (and the code in question Pop posted is quite basic and simple, covering a common operation - overriding a movement proc), you should be rereading the DM Guide and beginner tutorials etc rather than bossing around people to spoon-feed you code. Just my 2 cents (but I'm keeping them).