ID:161281

Well, I didn't know how to set it up myself in the skin menu to make the map sizes change between stretch, 32x32, 16x16, and Text so I looked through the base skin used on all BYOND games that don't have a skin and copied it to my menu hoping it would work but I keep getting this error when I try to change it.

Element mapwindow.map not found.

I can't figure out how to make it work, I've renamed my map, made a map pane and changed the mainwindow box to a child and countless other things but to no avail. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
THESINKING wrote:
Well, I didn't know how to set it up myself in the skin menu to make the map sizes change between stretch, 32x32, 16x16, and Text so I looked through the base skin used on all BYOND games that don't have a skin and copied it to my menu hoping it would work but I keep getting this error when I try to change it.

Element mapwindow.map not found.

I can't figure out how to make it work, I've renamed my map, made a map pane and changed the mainwindow box to a child and countless other things but to no avail. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Well, the map will probably be in the "mainwindow" window, so change the map ID in there to map.

Now go to the menus part and change all of the "mapwindow" text to "mainwindow".

I could be wrong, your map might not be in "mainwindow", but just put it to what ever window/pane it's in.
In response to Howey
The layout is "window.control", the window being the whole thing it's in, by default it's "default". The control is the skin object itself, whether it be buttons, outputs, labels, whatever.

Also, you could just name the map with a unique name and just use "mapname" without a window to be specified.
In response to Howey
Ya I had my map in the mainwindow but that wasn't working so I transferred it into a pane and labeled it mapwindow hoping it would work but it didn't. The error may be in the command itself I'll post the commands.

.winset "mapwindow.map.icon-size=0"

.winset "mapwindow.map.icon-size=32"

.winset "mapwindow.map.icon-size=16"

and

.winset "menu.textmode.is-checked=true?mapwindow.map.text-mode=true:m apwindow.map.text-mode=false"
In response to Kaiochao
Thank you so much for the help I figured it out. Thanks to what you said I checked the command again and realized that the set
mapwindow.map
was selecting the pane mapwindow and item map but in my mapwindow pane I had the pane mapwindow and the item also mapwindow that's why it couldn't find it.