ID:161299

well i was wondering if there was a way to make my own time for my game. figuring different time zones for millions of people i could create my own time so its easier for people to understand when my games class's would be.

Thx in Advance

~~CHAZ IT UP~~
Naruto0727 wrote:
i could create my own time so its easier for people to understand when my games class's would be.

How would it be any easier? Will you be distributing watches set to that timezone or something? :P
Anyway, your players should just learn the difference of their timezone offset to yours (or the server's) time. Or, you could let them configure their timezone in-game, and when displaying time to them, display it in their chosen timezone. Of course it may not work for what you're asking for specifically here... but "creating your own timezone" wouldn't really be a good solution.
In response to Kaioken
well i fgured id take a shot at it it was gona be like a PDA That told the games current time
In response to Naruto0727
your talking about an In-Game time,not making a timezone
so that every server has its own clock that can be used from the PDA.that can be done using variables,of course if i do it,it may be the longest and wasteful to your CPU but it can be done. i think theres a resource for somthing of this matter.

edit: This may work : http://www.byond.com/developer/VolksBlade/TimeSystem