ID:161565

In the .click command, something can be put afterwards like an arg- For example, ".click mob". Is it possible to change the args of a verb when it's called as a command? (Like, only having to make one verb for a buying macro, .buy /obj/whatever; instead of making a separate buywhatever verb for each object.)
I've got no clue what you're talking about. client/Click() takes an argument for what is being clicked, yes, but I have no clue why you're talking about changing it. Your example doesn't help, either. You can't click on type paths, they're not objects.
In response to Garthor
i'm not talking about changing Click(),i'm talking about making a command LIKE .click. hmm... Okay, let's say I have a Get() verb, where the argument is a type path that will later be created and added to my inventory.
mob
verb
Get(obj/bought)
set name=".get"

If I was just making a simple verb and then calling it, I could change the argument as I wanted. But, since it's a command, a macro, a dot verb, WHATEVER you wanna call it; how can I define the argument upon pressing the space bar? (it's probably more to do with the macro list in the interface. sorry, interfaces are new to me!)
In response to Adam753
mob/verb/Get(bought in typesof(/obj))
set name = ".get"

I'm not sure why you think changing the name of the verb fundamentally alters how you can use it.
No offense intended, but you really need to explain yourself better when you post questions. Having tidier posts and writing would help too.

From what I can gather, you're asking if it's possible to make macros with arguments. Since a macro is just a shorthand and behaves the same as a client command, you can do everything with it that you can do by a command.

Commands to verbs that take input as arguments include the arguments after the command name; if used with atoms, they are in the format of the atom's name. So if you have a verb like this:
mob/verb/Attack(mob/M in oview(1))

And if you want to attack Bob that is next to you, the command is "attack bob". No type paths or anything, since that would be useless.

So, if you wanted to make a custom macro to automatically buy an obj/item/cucumber from a shopkeeper, you'd use the command "buy [shopkeeper] cucumber", cucumber being the name of the obj.

As an extra, for your common Say(msg as text) verb, if you wanted to quickly notify players of impeding doom, you'd make a macro for say "fire in the hole!".
In response to Adam753
I'm not sure what you're getting at here?-
Adam753 wrote:
But, since it's a command, a macro, a dot verb, WHATEVER you wanna call it; [...]

These are all different things. Also, I'm not sure who got this idea into your head that verb names beginning with dots are anything special beyond being simply hidden, or that they have anything to directly do with macros.