ID:161782

My first (simple) question is, how can I make a game "live" so that people can join each other's games?

There's also a problem that i've come across which is very hard to explain. When someone plays my game on their computer, that is the version of the game that they play every time, even if I update the game. Nothing is saved or loaded in my game, so that's not the problem. Surely someone must know about this problem, since most people on this site have uploaded something??
In response to Scizzees
thanks so much einstein, that seems obvious enough! but nothing there seems to be what i'm looking for.
[Sorry. this is really getting under my skin.]
In response to Adam753
Your questions are vague, and as for the second one, I have no idea what you are on about, as for your first question, since you cannot be bothered to search through the help I will point you to where I think is neccessary:

http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=33278
In response to Scizzees
well that's the page I looked at, but it doesn't seem to tell me how to make a game LIVE. I don't mean just uploaded to the website, I meant so that more than one person can play on the same world.
As for the other one... I said it was hard to explain! well, let's try it this way. Let's say I have two computers. When I upload my game v1 and play it on the first computer it works fine. Then, I update my game so that it works differently- now, it is v2. I'll play it on the first computer, and it still plays v.1, but when I play it on the second computer, it will play the new v2. Then I update it to v3, when I play it on the FIRST computer it still plays v1, and the second computer plays v2. So basically, no matter how many times I upload a new version of my game, any computer will always play the version that was played on it first.

Now you're probably still thinking, "duh?" if you are, i'm sorry.
1) The phrase you are looking for here is "How do I host my game?"

http://members.byond.com/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=30260

2) Eh, say what? You do know that someone has to update their host file on their computer right?

[link]
In response to GhostAnime
i know, it's tough to understand. I'm not looking for a dedicated server, i'm hoping that anyone can play, and anyone else can join their game. I've tried that and it doesn't seem possible; is there something i'm missing?

That version thing might be the answer. I'll try now.
In response to Adam753
NO.
changing the version just gives me the YOU'VE GOT UPDATES!!!!!!! message, and that annoying sound. and when I update it, it doesn't go to the new version of the game- and next time i play the game, it screams at me that i've got updates again, and makes me update my version of my game again.

This website is about as user-friendly as rocket science.