ID:161797

I understand that the proc CheckPasssport(string1) can be used to find out if someone is a subscriber or not. I looked it up in the reference to to find out how, but i'm not sure what the argument (string1) should be, and how this helps to find out if they are a subscriber, so if someone could explain I would be very grateful.
Adam753 wrote:
I understand that the proc CheckPasssport(string1) can be used to find out if someone is a subscriber or not. I looked it up in the reference to to find out how, but i'm not sure what the argument (string1) should be, and how this helps to find out if they are a subscriber, so if someone could explain I would be very grateful.

If you edit your hub entry, you'll see a checkbox on the right for subscription options that lets you use passport features. Check that and save your changes. When the page reloads, you'll see the passport string for your hub entry.

This system lets you check other passports too, if you know their strings, so you can, say, give subscribers to one of your other games a little extra boost as well. Right now you have to manage subscriptions yourself though, because the automated handling for that was given up (temporarily) as part of the move to the new site.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
ahh ok thanks :) how can i find out other people's strings?