ID:162108

I am working on creating a skin that allows the user control over the location of the various windows. Currently I'm employing three windows - text input/output, map, and stats.

In each of the windows, I have disabled titlebar, statusbar, closing, and minimizing. I've setup a little "null space" where the user can click and drag the window around, and the borders are still there to allow resizing.

When I load the character, I first winshow() all the windows, then winset() their size and location to a "default" setup. Then they can drag the windows and such around, positioning and sizing them however they'd like.

There are two things I am wondering:

1) Am I able to make it so that all the windows are "subwindows" of the main project window (which is just a blank black background with a menu bar, and the titlebar with close button. This would prohibit the "subwindows" from being dragged outside of that window, effectively keep everything in one "parent window".

Hopefully that made sense.

2) When I drag the parent window around, I'd like to move all the children around as well. It doesn't appear like this is a default setting, but even being able to reposition everything as the dragging occurs, or even when the window is "mouse dropped" to it's final location.

Both of these really have two key things necessary: child windows of a central parent window, that "encapsulates" and controls the children.

Whew. This post is not very sensible, hopefully someone can decipher this and help out!

~Polatrite~

Small edit: I had looked over the child control, but wasn't really sure how I could make that movable with the mouse.