ID:162613

I want to make a game where it connects to an in game hub where you can create a new game or join an existing server. How do I make it list the online server and have it so that if the user clicks on it they connect to it. I also want to have an in game feature that makes it so they can go back to this hub. Also can you give me the code to make a new game?
bump??
Robertg0123 wrote:
I want to make a game where it connects to an in game hub where you can create a new game or join an existing server.

A game where the only purpose is to goto another game? What the hell? What is the purpose of that?

How do I make it list the online server and have it so that if the user clicks on it they connect to it. I also want to have an in game feature that makes it so they can go back to this hub.

You'll need to make a list of games based on the hub entry, but you can get a text-based version of any hub entry. For example, check out this text-based entry of Chat.

You can convert this to savefile format by doing F.ImportText("/",txt) where F is the savefile and txt is the text you get from such a link above.

Making a link to the hub entry is easy, because you need to know the hub entry before doing this. If you don't know how to make a link, I ask of you what you're doing here.

Also can you give me the code to make a new game?

There is no "code to make a new game". Read the DM Guide and learn from there.

-- Data
In response to Android Data
this does not help me at all. I do not want to create a game that connects to another game I want to create a game that has its own built in hub with a list of online servers then if a user chooses one or chooses to create one they can connect. What they are connecting to is the game I am creating. A game that has this is Bomberman Arena.
In response to Robertg0123
I think he means like, lobbies/game room sorta thing.
In response to Robertg0123
Use world.Export() to communicate between the central hub server and the 'normal' servers and have the central hub make a list of them.

Of course, the central hub will also have to send ping signals at regular intervals to the normal servers in order to determine if they're still up and running. If not, these servers should be removed from the list.

Another way of doing it is like the way I stated above: contact the BYOND Hub and ask for a server list, then list it on your own hub. It won't work when the BYOND Hub is down nor will the list be 100% accurate but it's the best option for i.e. a DMCGI website, which I was assuming you were thinking of.

-- Data
In response to Wazy
yea. I want it like a lobby but for my own game.