In response to Boxcar
I agree with alot of what you've said. I've run into artists who are cool with work as long as every idea they throw in is used-even if it doesn't necessarily fit in with a game.Team project so compromise is necessary many times.
In response to YnorRon

EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
no one here except for Tom makes BYOND a real commitment.

not true sir

In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
I agree with alot of what you've said. I've run into artists who are cool with work as long as every idea they throw in is used-even if it doesn't necessarily fit in with a game.Team project so compromise is necessary many times.

This ^

Honestly, the largest problem I've run into with being a hired artist is lack of interest in someone else's project.

Another problem is, I feel as though I'm a designer myself. I have a vision for every piece of art I create and when a person's idea doesn't collaborate with mine, I usually lose interest. I've worked a few times with some art "different" from that of my own, but it didn't interest me for long.

I think, generally, most artist just find pixeling to be very work-like. At first it's a motive that turns into a job. A job turns into a rushed or paced piece of work. Rushing a job usually leads to dissatisfaction, while paced work usually leads to an early termination of the project. Artists just can't get a break, especially when they're artists who pride themselves in their work's quality.

The best motivation is a nice pay for a lot of work. Since it allows me, the pixel artist, to be creative and utilize my own style (which is usually what happens when a lot of work is created by one artist), my interest and motivation peaks.
Page: 1 2 3