Administrative Create/Edit - HTML Style

by GhostAnime
You can SEARCH for what you want! :)
ID:1627012

Please read the README section in the IMPORTANT.dm first!

Tired of looking through inputs or html for a specific item through a huge list when creating an object or upon editing?

This is your typical create/edit system... but different in that you are are able to search for the item/variable you want!!

Give credit where due if possible :)

You will need to read the IMPORTANT.dm first, this includes changes you must make in order for it to work!

----------------------------------------

What's new in 1.10:

- Variables in the list have their values updated in the main page after editing
-- The 'forceful' "UPDATE VARIABLES" link only appears in the edit if DEBUG is enabled.

- You are now able to change a value in a /list (tested as much as possible but issues may still arrise. Avoid if possible).

- Unsavable variables (global, cnst, tmp) are now defined as the class unsavable and, for savable variables, it's savable
-- Can be used to differentiate the variables from others (as seen in the default CSS below)

- Made it easier to either hide a variable from being displayed or disable the variable while showing its variable.

- You can have defined values appearing for specific variables
this is really nice lol
Please be aware that I noticed there are issues when trying to edit numeric entries in a /list.

I am currently working on revising an alternative when numerical entries are present; if you must need the ability to edit the numerical values in a /list, I would recommend defining a string entry and storing a value to it... again, only if you MUST need those values to be edited at any time (though I cannot see the case for it).

Noticed any other bugs or issue? Got a suggestion? By all means, let me know :)

(To those who knew about this which I made 5 years ago in June 4, 2008; I have reclassified this as a demo and expanded upon it a bit. Just read the update log to find out what's new but the core system is essentially the same, disregarding changes to the /list edit)
Ah, I finally know who to properly thank for this. :D

I've been using some random version of this since 2011 when someone I was working on an older game with stuck it in, yet did not give credit to you. (I believe it was slightly modified too.)

Anyway, thank you very much for this great tool. It has saved much headache, as the original creator of aforementioned game used a generic alert that listed every single variable to edit or every single datum to spawn. Those were terrible to scroll through in such a large game.
In response to TheLionsRoar
TheLionsRoar wrote:
Ah, I finally know who to properly thank for this. :D

Yeah, that was my bad. I should have commented my name in it... but it would have likely been stripped away by a person at some point anyways.

I've been using some random version of this since 2011 when someone I was working on an older game with stuck it in, yet did not give credit to you. (I believe it was slightly modified too.)

I really don't mind people not giving me credit but it is always nice to know who worked on it in case you run in to issues.

Anyway, thank you very much for this great tool. It has saved much headache, as the original creator of aforementioned game used a generic alert that listed every single variable to edit or every single datum to spawn. Those were terrible to scroll through in such a large game.

You're very welcome; actually, that was the reason why I made it. When I was programming DBO, I remember I had to edit a certain variable for people ... and, dear God, did it ever take time to find it.

If there's anything you would like to see that can be done HTML wise, let me know. For example: a table of muted/banned people, how long their banned, etc.
In response to GhostAnime
GhostAnime wrote:
If there's anything you would like to see that can be done HTML wise, let me know. For example: a table of muted/banned people, how long their banned, etc.

That would be great. I'd really like to see how you would approach something like that. :)
Sounds Great! Might start using this, on a project I'm making of boxing.
could you add a way to log which variable has been changed?
Will do.
Reminded me of SS13's variable verb, but SS13's search bar has onkey filtering which is really nice imo.

Pulled from SS13:
function selectTextField(){
var filter_text = document.getElementById('search');
filter_text.focus();
filter_text.select();
}

<body onkeyup='Search()'>

I'm having fun modifying this up, this is nice and neat stuff.
I honestly have not thought of that and it is a great idea to include.

Have fun modifying :)