yea i got old, my motivation aint what it used to be.

back in my day we didn't have all these fancy interfaces and pixel movements

we had to EARN what we got, it wasn't just handed to us on a silver platter. thats the problem with you whipper snappers nowadays. ya dont earn nothin you just expect someone to give it to ya
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I know right? It's so basic but people can't do it.

Game design is hard and time consuming. The stars have to align and the right people have to come together to make a game. It's not a matter of trying, it's a matter of skill, practice, and knowledge. Funding helps bring those three things together.

BYOND games lack reliable funding, which is why things are the way they are. Rather than getting so hung up on the projects that do fail (Even in the professional world, a large percentage of games fail before they even get started), people need to focus on skill, knowledge, and practice.

That's why I do what I do. I try to share my knowledge with the community, and show them better ways of doing things than they would otherwise have access to.

If you have skill in something, get started doing that. You'll attract like-minded people even if for a short time.

We can all point fingers around here about why things are the way they are, but it just doesn't get us anywhere.

I think the community is in a better shape these last few months than it ever has been, and things are really looking up engine-wise with the release of the HTML5 client.
Ur a kewl cat
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

we had to EARN what we got, it wasn't just handed to us on a silver platter. thats the problem with you whipper snappers nowadays. ya dont earn nothin you just expect someone to give it to ya

Honestly. When I get extremely old.. I want to talk like that. It'll be an accomplishment. And wack people with a cane... I just like the sadistic feel to that.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

please make me narto source wit GM codes.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

How do GM?
People wonder why I look down on them.
In response to Aeon Games Inc
Aeon Games Inc wrote:
Ganite wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

How do GM?

edit ban
Edit brains.
Sometimes I put two slices on my grilled cheese cause I am extra hungry. But then it makes me sad because it makes me think of all the starving kids on those commercials. The struggle is real. :(
Pineapples.
In response to Guarani Hapyra
Guarani Hapyra wrote:
Sometimes I put two slices on my grilled cheese cause I am extra hungry. But then it makes me sad because it makes me think of all the starving kids on those commercials. The struggle is real. :(

That's why you send them the crust.
In response to Aeon Games Inc
Aeon Games Inc wrote:
Guarani Hapyra wrote:

That's why you send them the crust.

I never thought of that. I always sent the crumbs. :( They always seem to flake off somehow and I thought it'd be bad to make it go to waste.
In response to Xirre
Oh the joys of first world dark humor. -pyramid hands-
ill never understand why people think college work, part time jobs and family members are more important than BYOND
EmpirezTeam wrote:
ill never understand why people think college work, part time jobs and family members are more important than BYOND

^
I mean like, y'know. Kids these days. Always thinking you need money or an education to make it in life. Nah, just borrow your mom's laptop and steal your dads credit card to get yourself a membership. You can even goto McDonalds for the WiFi.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9