ID:163071

Ok, so I'm making a skin, and I know how to change the map size, but how do I make the map size as big as it can be for EVERYONE who gets on my game??

I put the resolution to fit my screen, but obviously people who have 800x600 monitors, or an extremely high res won't be able to get a full screen view of the game.

Is it possible to do? Or am I wishing for too much? Will I ever stop asking questions? Is John really not my son, but my girlfriends brother's son?! Will I ever learn how to make coffee or do the dishes?! TUNE IN NEXT TIME!!!

Thanks again for the help...but when you are helping me, please...don't skin infront of me >.> it's just not cool.

--Moleboy

Thanks in advance everyone!!! I wove you all very much!
I need to know this as well! As far as i know i came across a demo or a lib before i think showing how to find out what res ppl are using, if there is a way to determine thier res and during log in have it detect wich res they are using AND, make several Inferfaces, and BY CHANCE be able to set a certain interface depending on whats returned. it should be possible, but i recently started 4.0 so im not quite sure if multiple interfaces can be used, this would be a great question to be answered tho! xD.
http://members.byond.com/ DreamMakers?command=view_post&post=33352

"Anchor" is the term you're probably looking for. It positions controls on a skin based on percentage, rather than pixel position - that's how 4.0 games handle multiple resolutions.
In response to Evre
hmmm that helps me position it, but I can't seem to make the entire DS full screen now...

Also, when I do a res like 1024x768, it adds extra to the bottom of it for me...I want it exactly 1024x768!
You use anchors to make the elements in your main window automatically adjust to changes in the size of the main window, and then you use the code winset(player,"windowid","is-maximized=true") to force the screen to become maximized.

If you've stripped the titlebar and optionally the menubar as well, the game will be in full-screen. If resizing is disallowed in your window, players shouldn't be able to size it back to it's original size.

Keep in mind that players might not want a full-screen game, so you better make it an optional feature.

-- Data
In response to Android Data
Ahhh, but normally, making it fullscreen for different people could cause the icon's to "Stretch" as there is a limit on the amount of icons on the screen at one time. Is there a way to adjust it so that the icons won't be stretched, and on your screen it will show you the amount of icons would equal a full screen amount?