BYOND Hosting / Shell Server

by Xirre
A shell server (hosting service) for all of BYOND to use!
ID:1631901

I'm currently developing a game which may or may not actually end up coming to fruition. I expect that I'll need to rely on this hosting service once I actually get it to a working point, but the ability to edit (or even use) config files is something that I knew was lacking, previously.

Specifically, I'm referring to text files which are loaded into variables at the start of the world, and affect various things. I'd very much like to be able to include the feature due to the versatility it gives me and any server host for the game (since I'd intend for it to, eventually, be open-hostable and open-source).

So. Is it an option? And if it isn't, will it eventually be an option?
What are you asking? Text files are harmless. So, they're allowed to be used.
That's what I was asking. Thanks!

Also: Is it capable of being edited by your utility or do we need to implement the editing of it in our game? (something I plan to do already, but this might change priorities.)
In response to Decius Reln
Decius Reln wrote:
That's what I was asking. Thanks!

Also: Is it capable of being edited by your utility or do we need to implement the editing of it in our game? (something I plan to do already, but this might change priorities.)

Everything runs as intended so long as it complies with BYOND -safe setting. All games are ran under -safe. The only limitations are file uploading via the shell server. When in actuality, you can upload whatever the hell you want through your game anyways. Something people fail to realize. If it's a text file, so long as it's within your game's folder, you can access it and do whatever to it.
I see. Thank you.