DawnCaster Infestation

by Ter13
Rid the HMS DawnCaster of the alien menace!
It looked fine to me when I recorded it. However, encoding the video sucked balls, for some reason. Looks like when I turn, in the video it can't keep up or something.

Regardless, this game is very interesting. I like it, Ter. Good job.
I don't generally see blurriness with transform when using it to rotate or scale downwards, just scaling upwards. At least, I don't think so. When nearest-neighbor interpolation dashed my dreams of accomplishing a few things I kind of stopped messing with transform for most things =P
Just updated the game to make it a bit easier, and fixed a few bugs.
Wow, impressive! Good job!
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I don't generally see blurriness with transform when using it to rotate or scale downwards, just scaling upwards. At least, I don't think so. When nearest-neighbor interpolation dashed my dreams of accomplishing a few things I kind of stopped messing with transform for most things =P

Yeah, now that I test it out I get the same results. It's only with scaling upwards.

In response to Lavitiz
Xirre wrote:
Regardless, this game is very interesting. I like it, Ter. Good job.

Thanks Xirre. I appreciate the video recording. Protip: Punch the eggs, enemies respawn at any nearby egg clutch they can see. They turn into a larva after 30-60 seconds, and then larvas grow into adult spitters (red ones) or slicers (blue ones) after another 30 to 60 seconds.

The only way to kill larva is to step on them. They are too fast to shoot.

Also the ticks (fat grey and blue guys) have a 33% chance to birth a larva every time they hit you!

Lavitiz wrote:
Wow, impressive! Good job!

Thank you! I wish BYOND handled it a little more gracefully. Nearest neighbor interpolation would be really nice right now.
Doom *tear drop of divine beauty*
I wouldn't mind seeing how this was exactly made. It has me very interested.
Views Ter's 3D Tutorial WIP....
I guess the world will never know.
In response to D-Cire
D-Cire wrote:
Views Ter's 3D Tutorial WIP....
I guess the world will never know.

Link me. Because I'm too lazy to know where it is.
OH, not about this specific one. Just psuedo-3D engine. I guess I misunderstood what you wanted.
Source code is a mess, but is available: http://files.byondhome.com/Ter13/Dawncaster_src.zip
From what I see in the sources, it seems like you're displaying strips of the icon in 1x64 format when its actual format is 64x64. Could you explain it in more details? I tried reading the code. But, sadly I gave up after a few lines. It actually is a mess. But seems to run perfectly fine.
Is there no end or exit? I cleared the whole map, including the Red Door, Blue Door, and both Gold Doors, and can't find an end.
I'd laugh if he generated the map in realtime and you're trying to complete it when it's endless.
The map itself wasn't generated at run-time. At least I don't think so. Pretty sure you can view it in the map editor. I don't think he made a "end" though.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
The map itself wasn't generated at run-time. At least I don't think so. Pretty sure you can view it in the map editor. I don't think he made a "end" though.

I didn't bother to view the map. I only skimmed the code and browsed the icons to get a general idea. Too lazy to open it up again. Check for me, pls. :3
It's not generated at run time. Source code too OP.
Indeed, the map is not generated at runtime. This is a screencap of the map at 50% zoom.

I just use some if I do say so myself, clever tricks to display the map in the client's screen using vertical strips of wall segment underlaying sprites I superimpose over them, all of this over a series of horizontal strips I use to represent the gradient floor and ceiling.
Page: 1 2 3