ID:163715

Ok in my game a player buys a house,how would you make the entire code and so no one else can buy that house once it's purchased?
mob
player
verb
buyhouse(var/t as house)
if(t.bought == 1) return
else
t.bought = 1
buy(t)
Lime31 wrote:
Ok in my game a player buys a house,how would you make the entire code and so no one else can buy that house once it's purchased?

I'm not a coder, but I know alot on how things would be done. Although I can't display the code string (since I would make mistakes, It's a pretty simple code. You would need to use the if () ,which there are alot of exaples on such, even in this forum(Stuff simular to this is asked all the time.
In response to Hiddeknight
Hiddeknight wrote:
mob
player
verb
buyhouse(var/t as house)
if(t.bought == 1) return
else
t.bought = 1
buy(t)

Use DM tags?

Anyway, you could of been nice and given him that buy() proc as well, but then again that's easy street.
In response to Hiddeknight
Hiddeknight wrote:
mob
player
verb
buyhouse(var/t as house)
if(t.bought == 1) return
else
t.bought = 1
buy(t)

Lol you got the post in before me, yep that would be it, It's a simple code, but I've been away from Byond, so I forgot how to actually type it(since even then I was still in the middle of learning DM.

PS. As soon as they release 4.0 code changes in the Blue Book, I'll start agian. I want to make a Magic the Gathering game, and the 4.0 changes will make it so much more stable(in like every category from the 700+ icons to the (), and being able to fully customize the interface is a big plus as well.