ID:164052

I'm trying to create a unqiue Dragonball RP and one of the elements of it is Ki distrubution, Similar to the one found in Dragon Millenia created by Mystical_Light.

Would anyone be able to be able to point me in the direction of a basic system/tutorial?
Perhaps, if you explain what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Many of us are clueless as to the workings of Dragonball, and that many includes myself.
In response to Loduwijk
I am familiar with the db systems, but there are quite a few out there. To name just one name is pointless. Go into some detail about this ki distribution and it may go a long way. because ki distribution could be as easy as usr.ki++ or usr.ki-- for all we know.
Most of us haven't played Dragon Millenia, so you'll have to give more information on what you mean by Ki Distribution...
In response to Diem
I believe he's refering to a system that lets you assign percentages of Ki energy to various parts of your body, and to control the general flow of energy throughout. The show eludes to the fact that Ki can be focused and moved through the body's channels to produce the many effects seen in the show, like blasting out Ki through your hands, mouth or eyes, or forcing it down to the ground to provide lift for flying.

I do recall a game that tried to represent this, though I never had enough time to actually get a feel for the system used. It seemed like a really good alternative to the boring verb attack systems used in just about every Dragonball game.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Sorry for not fully explaining what I meant but Xooxer hit the nail on the head.
All I need is a tutorial or basic system to get a feel for how it would work then, hopefully, I would be able to reproduce a more advanced version.
In response to Drenix
I'm not sure if there is such a tutorial. Basically, you'd want to have some way of representing the player's body, thier Ki flow and then give them controls to alter the flow.

You might want to set up a Body datum for each player, and then have that hold a bunch of variables that describe the player's differnt parts, and how much Ki is located there.

Then have a bunch of simple procs that handle the flow from part to part (basically, just remove n Ki from variable A and store it in variable B).

Probably a simple Focus() verb of some kind can act as the player's control over their Ki, allowing them to focus on a certian body part, which will slowly build a Ki charge by taking energy from nearby parts.

Really, though, there is no one way to go about building a system like this. You'll just have to toy with basic setups until you find something you like. Datums aren;t a bad way to go, though, so I'd start there.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Alright, thanks for your help. I will play around with it a bit later.