ID:164158

I am drawing a blank here..

I am trying to code a Login Proc where it opens up a window and it asks for the following on that screen)
-The name you want of the character.
-In a drop down box what gender of character.
-And then after you select a gender it shows the characters for that gender and you click on one to choose it.

But I also want it so that it can load a players character from the server if they have one. But they can choose to either load that character or make a new one. I dont want to save the character to the server either, I want each person to have their own character file on their own computer, so if a server shuts down they still have it. If you can give me a little code so when they logout it saves automatically. A little assistance please!
I just answered this, I believe it answers part 1, but at the moment I can't think of the other two:
http://developer.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=561518&forum=8&view=0
In response to Burnination
Like I said.. Im drawing a blank.. and that just confused me even more..
You want to make an HTML based creation system then (especially if you want a dropdown box... but I'd recommend a radio choice)

[link] should help you get started.
In response to GhostAnime
Can you give me an example.. Like can you help me code it..
i doubt you can do a drop down box in byond?
you could have them in a list though.
mob
Login()
usr.name = input("What Is Your Name?","Jonathans Coding") as text
var/g = input("What Gender?",null) in list("Male","Female")
if(g=="Male")
loc = locate(1,1,1)//u need to map the icons then making them clickable by using the Click()//
if(g=="Female")
loc = locate(1,1,2)//map all the female icons around this coord and make them clickable by yet again using the Click()//
In response to Jonatjan135
Please try not to suggest anything horrible, these are what I found wrong with the posted snippet:

- Using usr
- No parent procedure being called
- Making a useless variable where switch() would of been suffice
can you fix it.. and add in a save feature..
In response to Robertg0123
Yes, I can.
will you? :)
No I won't. If you read the DM Guide, you should be able to do it on your own.
Sorry, I'll shut up :)
Wow.. Whats the point of saying you can and wasting the posting space... Thats nice if you can.. but you wont help me so there was no point in posting it.. And obviously if im posting on the Developer How-To forums.. Im asking for help.. Saying "read the DM Guide" doesn't help me any..
And asking someone to do it for you is suppose to help you learn? You have been given the information, the rest is up to you.

Eg: The DM Guide has a section on saving/loading, so there's your saving system right there.

Edit: You asked me if I was able to do it and I said I am able to, just not willing to.
Yes. Since i know what the code does. Seeing the auctual code helps me learn because now I know what I should have done.. Dont be rude just because you can code. Not everyone can code. This is my first HTML code and I do not know how to do them. Thats why im posting here. And you telling me where to go does not help me if I do not know what to do.
I wouldn't suggest a player having their own save on there computer....Don't know how your going to p-wipe.
In response to Lord Christ
different file names after each update.
In response to Jonatjan135
Jonatjan135 wrote:
mob
> Login()
> usr.name = input("What Is Your Name?","Jonathans Coding") as text
> var/g = input("What Gender?",null) in list("Male","Female")
> if(g=="Male")
> loc = locate(1,1,1)//u need to map the icons then making them clickable by using the Click()//
> if(g=="Female")
> loc = locate(1,1,2)//map all the female icons around this coord and make them clickable by yet again using the Click()//

This is a terrbile code, I fixed it up.

mob
Login()
..()
src.name = input("What Is Your Name?","Jonathans Fixed Coding") as text
var/g = input("What Gender?",null) in list("Male","Female")
switch(g)
if("Male")
src.gender = MALE
if("Female")
src.gender = FEMALE
src.loc = locate(1,1,2)

- Miran94
In response to Burnination
ty for trying.
Page: 1 2