amezing i can't wait i love byond it's my fav game i love dbz games like hu1,hu2,next zen,United Heroes 2 thx guys for those game and thx who made byond.
Bye....Bye
I hope this goes well for you guys. It sees pretty interesting, and I'm supporting it all the way! :)
It's probably because I'm tired and whatnot. But from what I could gain with much effort.. There's a lot of work going into the HTML5 client/server stuff. But what'll happen to the actual stuff that is already around?
Does it still do the flash client thing where the server handles the entire gliding animation and acts like if its using pixel movement?
I've been waiting, and when the time is right, the betrayer will become, the betrayed.

gg
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
It's probably because I'm tired and whatnot. But from what I could gain with much effort.. There's a lot of work going into the HTML5 client/server stuff. But what'll happen to the actual stuff that is already around?

The idea is to be as backwards-compatible as we can and eventually replace DS (if this is successful). But all of the old stuff works fine and you can host a game that uses both the web and old software formats.
In response to Tobba
Tobba wrote:
Does it still do the flash client thing where the server handles the entire gliding animation and acts like if its using pixel movement?

Yes. The server handles all positioning now by sending changes in the map as needed. This protocol uses more bandwidth in the old gliding cases but it may be negligible since it handles common cases ( such as a pixel shift in the whole view, as you'd see with most gliding) with little data transmission. It also should be a lot easier to put this on a separate thread per client (something that has been really problematic with the old protocol).

Since we haven't done lag testing with large games, this is one f the main things we want to get out of beta testing.
html5 is fine and dandy and all but when are we getting 3d graphics i mean come on tom we been asking for 3d for years
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
html5 is fine and dandy and all but when are we getting 3d graphics i mean come on tom we been asking for 3d for years

Are you serious?
In response to Baird Techie
Baird Techie wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Are you serious?

He's never not cerious
In response to Baird Techie
man just wants his 3d graffixx come on step it up
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Baird Techie wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Are you serious?

He's never not cerious

I don't think any of these developers are let that be the excuse.
If good enough WebGL is supported, you should be able to do 3D. :P

Edit: And besides, you should be able to handle raycasting even more effectively now. :P
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
If good enough WebGL is supported, you should be able to do 3D. :P

I may be misunderstanding some of the OP, but isn't this essentially possible if Tom decides to "open source" some of the tools? (using client based HTML5 rendering on top of the engine?)
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
HTML and CSS is something everybody generally knows, anyways.

If only you knew...
I forgot I come from an age where MySpace was a thing. That's where everybody learned HTML back in the day...
BYOND, oh BYOND, what a beautiful thing
You have grown, now you are a king
Many-a-players, many-a-games
You are rising up to fame
You aim big
I took a swig of you,
and my brain blew
So easy to code
It all flowed
BYOND, oh BYOND, what a beautiful thing
This post would've been 1000* better if Tom read this in a video wearing a suit moving his hands a lot and was Asian.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
We will provide a standalone system that will simply be the server embedded in the backend and a CEF browser for the front-end.

Isn't that how you've been building out the multi-threading stuff where a local instance of Dream Daemon is connected to by Dream Seeker? It sounds like you're saying stand-alone games from here on out will be using that multi-threading feature, but instead of using Dream Seeker for a client it's going to be a browser.
Nice.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8